Labels

August 24, 2019

The Song of History

Must drown it out. Listen for the patterns of history. It is a song with a frequent refrain. Not exactly the best of songs. Too chaotic for my taste. More to the point, it's orderly in all the wrong places. Predictable, yet somehow overwhelmingly chaotic. How can something be both orderly and chaotic simultaneously? Isn't that a contradiction? Shouldn't those two things cancel out?
The song keeps on playing in any event, and the tempo remains unchanged. I wish it would slow down. Give my time to breath. Give us all time to breath. I can barely understand the lyrics as it is. I don't think anyone can. None of us were given sheets with the lyrics on them. We have to interpret the lyrics the best we can. The problem is, we haven't been able to come to a universal consensus of what they are. Everyone keeps hearing different things, picking out different words. Many times, almost always in fact, there have been people who not only hear something completely different from everyone else, but insist that everyone else is stupid for not getting it. Where some hear "evil" others hear "justified."Where some hear "dictators" others hear "enlightened despot." Where some hear "oppression" others hear nothing at all. Most of us don't really think about it. They just tend to pick the side that feels right. Though I heavily disagree with that mentality, I can't really blame them. Trying to sort through all this CRAP is stressful as Hell. At least Hell is simple.
I wonder what the lyrics are. I get the sense that there are a lot of lyrics.
Of course,  it's hard to hear them because everyone keeps talking, and perhaps we'd actually be able
to properly hear and understand the lyrics if everyone just SHUT THE FUCK UP!
I can't hear the song. There is too much noise. Please help. I don't want to be here. I wanna break.

No comments:

Post a Comment