Labels

August 23, 2019

Philosophical Ramblings

       If
       ⨍ + Disproportionate Distribution = ∞
   
        Then
        ∞ = 0

If everything is an illusion, then there is no distinction between illusion and reality. 
They are one and the same. Clearly not though, as there is an obvious difference between what I’m 
experiencing, and what that guy in the Sahara is hallucinating. If everything is illusionary, therefore, 
there must be layers. What makes my experience any different than that poor sap in the desert? We 
largely understand how our bodies work. Hallucinations are caused by a mind and/or body not 
functioning correctly (heat and dehydration in the stated case). If this is the case, perhaps the 
difference between reality and illusion is how well our senses work. I hear the transformer in the lead 
extension next to my bed. Most people, I’ve been told, cannot. Does that make reality more real for me 
in particular? Or does it perhaps make things less real? If most others can’t hear it, who’s to say it’s 
really even there? And if there is no reality? If everything is an illusion? Then everything must be real. 
That being the case, subjective observation is not the process of perceiving reality through biased filters,
but creating reality for ourselves.




    You can tell you’re dreaming ‘cause you don’t experience as much, nor with the same intensity. 
You know it’s not real. 
If you’re hallucinating (or tripping balls) you’re experiencing more, and/or with 
more intensity. Doesn’t that imply that hallucinations are even more real?  Except no, it’s thought of in a
similar vein as dreams. What makes us so sure that we’re experiencing the correct reality? 
We cannot be. I cannot be, at any rate. Am I experiencing too much, hallucinating? Or too little, 
dreaming? Does the concept of a “correct” reality even make sense? 

I’m tired. I’m going to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment